Friday 2 December 2016, 1630-1900
European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg
Panel discussion followed by drinks reception
The European Implementation Network (EIN) is a non-governmental organisation established to champion the implementation of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights. Partnering with national NGOs from across the Council of Europe, EIN serves as a bridge between Strasbourg and civil society working across the region to advocate for the full, effective and rapid implementation of judgments.
The EIN has worked as a project since 2014 and is now about to enter a new phase as a standalone entity in Strasbourg. The launch will feature a roundtable discussion that aims to encourage an exchange of views on implementation and to reflect on how compliance can be improved and speeded up. Speakers include:
- Prof. Başak Çali, Co-founder of the European Implementation Network and Professor of International Law, Hertie School of Governance
- Christos Giakoumopoulos, Director, Human Rights Directorate, Council of Europe
- Judge Işil Karakaş, Vice-President, European Court of Human Rights
- Prof. Philip Leach, Director, European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (Chair)
- Nils Muižnieks, Commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe
A drinks reception will follow the panel discussion.
RSVP essential due to the Court’s security regulations. Click here to register.